Hi Sharon here and I'd love to show you my first project using the gorgeous September kit. I really love this kit, it makes me think of my favourite season, Autumn. So I've made an ATC matchbox holder to start. I used a file for my Silhouette cameo but I have seen lots of free templates for matchboxes online and also craft shops that sell the blank ones. I've used the dark kraft card to make all the bases. All the papers were edged with vintage photo oxide inks.
I layered the sides of the matchbox with the wood effect paper no6 and then the strips of trees and some of the words from papers no2. For the front of the drawer I just added the wood effect paper and the lovely little hessian and lace embellishment which is in the kit. I added a little gold patina wax to it. Now it's easy to open and close.
I also made a little book to adhere to the top of the box. I cut a piece of hessian to fit the front and frayed the edges. I then cut out 2 pictures and some words from paper no3 and no1 and layered them onto the Thunder cardstock. Next I applied some opaque crackle texture paste randomly with my finger. When this was dry I added some gold vintage wax again with my finger. I then took a chipboard leaf and inked over it with vintage photo and peeled paint oxide ink and again used the texture paste and gold wax. Before I adhered this to the base of the book I made a little loop with the Thunder cardstock and adhered it underneath.
For the inside of the book I kept to the same theme and added the wood effect paper and layered it up with the grid paper from no 2. I stencilled some leaves onto the paper and added arrow rub ons. I then placed the "notes" using the burlap alpha which is in the kit. To give it a bit of texture I smeared some texture paste around the edges and when dry went over it with the gold wax. Then it was time to adhere it to the top of the matchbox.
I sized the matchbox so I could keep some ATCs in it. So I cut the 2.5" x 3.5" bases from the dark kraft and layered them up with different papers from the kit. I then added hessian, some strips of the pebble paper no 1 and label strips. I added the bee, leaf and wood wording using the burlap alpha from the kit. I picked out some of the pictures from paper no3 and inked the edges and then adhered it to the hessian. Chipboard pieces have been added to leaf and wood. The leaf has been crackled with texture paste mixed with a little paint. The bee has a clear pebble adhered over the top of it as it helps to magnify the bee and make it stand out. I then cut out some of the little tags from the papers and added little words.
My ATCs are quite thick with the embellishments I used but I still have room in the matchbox for more.
September kit & add on.