Hi today I'd like to show you my 2nd project I've made with the August kit and add on. There was plenty left to play with after my scrapbook page. I have inked all the tags using Distress Oxide ink in Hickory Smoke. Each tag has room for a photo or some journalling, but you can also use the back of the tag too. I made this tag book with a London theme but you could easily design it with another theme in mind. It's ideal to use with the monthly kits and add ons.
I cut the tags out with die cuts from my stash but you could so easily cut them out by hand or find a template online. For the front cover I covered it with the paper and added a stitched heart and lines of stitching from the roughly sewn rub ons available in the shop and then added some of the cut apart sheet pieces. The main images have been layered with the Kaisercard Stone.
For page 1 I covered the tag in the blackbird card and sprayed with a white spray ink. I made the little tags and covered them with the papers from the kit. I also added the stitch rub ons. For the pocket I cut out one of the pieces from the embellishment paper from the add on kit and did a little stencilling. I aso added the word "photos" by using the bold letters and highlighting with a white pen.
For page 2 I covered with the dotted swiss front porch and added some of the circles from the papers and a little opaque texture paste through a stencil. Again I used the embellishment paper for a pocket and added a tag.
For both pages 3 & 4 I have covered with a white cardstock. For page 3 I adhered some washi tape and then sprayed over with ink sprays. I added a little tag holder and lots of tags and a ticket I found in my stash. For page 4 I went straight over the white card with the spray inks and added some little torn pieces of washi tape. I cut out some circles from one of the papers, added some stencilling and then adhered to the book. I went around the circles with the contour paint from the add on kit. Next I made a little booklet out of the spotty paper and added some of the cut apart pieces and rub on stitching. The title "memories" are letters from the Alpha stickers from the add on kit.
The back cover has been cut from the stone card and torn pieces of one of the papers has been adhered to the top and bottom. I fussy cut the skyline scene from the cut apart sheet and adhered to the bottom of the tag. I used a square file frame for a photo and backed it with white card from the kit. To finish off I added rub on stitching and cut out "remember" from a paper.
I have made up a few tags but you could make more and just tuck them in. Here are my tags using the kit and add on kit along with products from the Mad Scrapper shop.
To make up the tag book I adhered the backs of pages 1 & 2, then 3 & 4 with strips of paper going across the middles. The backs of pages 1 and the front cover, 2 & 3 and 4 & back cover were adhered with red liner tape for extra strength. The strips of paper you used for the middles act as a spine but if you prefer you could make a spine after you'd finished all your pages. As it can be quite bulky I used twine to keep the book closed through the tag hole.
As well as using the August monthly kit and add on kit I have used: