Hi today I'd like to show you my second project using the gorgeous September kit and add on. I've made a card for this one.
To make the base of the card I used the Bazzill Thunder card and layered it up with the Bazzill Pear and Twig cardstock. I then used a layer of the lovely No 1 pebble paper. To add a bit of interest I made a band with the Thunder card and with one of the contrasting strips of the No 2 paper. I then inked the edges with Blueprint Sketch oxide ink.
For the main feature I made a framed image. To make the frame I smooshed the Blueprint Sketch and Bundled Sage oxide inks with water and dabbed the file frame back into it. When it was dry I applied some crackle texture paste, let it dry and then lightly inked over it with the Blueprint Sketch ink. I cut out the dragonfly and the "go green" from the papers and layered and inked them up. Using the black contour paint from the August kit I added eyes and some little dots to the dragonfly. I also added some faux stitching rub ons to the base.
For the two frames I inked them and then clear embossed them. I then mixed the crackle texture paste with the bundled sage ink and dabbed in random places. Again I added faux stitching rub ons to tie it all in. I then adhered it all together putting the frames intertwined and at an angle.
To make the smaller feature I cut out some of the components from the papers and layered them onto the Thunder card. I again added some of the texture paste and inked over when dry. I also added the faux stiching and some little eyes with the contour paint.
All that was needed then was to adhere the pieces to my card. I lifted the dragon wings by curling around a little pencil to give it a 3D effect. I also added some white dots with a white gel pen.
I hope I've given you some inspiration for your own kit as it really is a lovely kit.
September kit and add on