on orders over £50
Tranquility by Liz Marsden
Hi, I'm so happy to be here today with my first post as a design team member for
As you may know Janine has a online shop as well as a bricks and
mortar shop too, I love to visit the shop and could spend hours there, lol.
Anyway on to my project, I love to use Dusty Attic chipboard to create my projects so of course my first DT project has some on!
I based the project on an online challenge which chose the colours and theme for me this time, it was based on browns, beiges and greys so I went with these.
I had an embroidery hoop from my stash so I started with that and coloured it first with Gesso then with some Finnabair Burlap acrylic paint. I will list all links below.
I took one of the beautiful paper sheets from the 49 and Market Vintage Artistry Butter collection pack for the inside of my hoop, onto this I used the Finnabair Tapestry stencil with some Finnabair Modelling paste. After letting this dry I simply glued the paper behind the hoop.
This fabulous paper frame also came from the gorgeous 49 and Market Vintage Artistry Butter collection pack, thankfully the sheet and frame had beiges on, lol. To keep the colour theme in I used a spare piece of paper from another pack in my stash, which I simply glued behind the frame.
This gives a base to build the layers onto as well.
To give some added interest I used one of the D/A Wagon Wheels which I coloured in grey, then I fixed this behind the frame on the right hand side. I raised the height of this with some small pieces of foam pad to keep in with the layered look.
I took some D/A Driftwood #2 which I coloured first with some Distress ink in Gathered Twigs, then I went over lightly with a thin layer painted randomly over the top with some white Gesso.
I then cut down an old paint brush from my stash to which I painted the Burlap paint on to keep in the colour colour theme.
I layered some Dusty Attic Succulents along with some Reeds and Lavender. These were coloured with the same Burlap paint but I mixed a little white Gesso with it to give it a paler look. I used some Gathered Twigs distress ink on the stems.
For the Succulents I also went over the top with a thin layer of Finnabair Sparks paint in Unicorn Hair.
I placed one of the laser cut flowers from the same paper collection too and a little moss from my stash to finish it off.
Dusty Attic - Succulents #2
Janine has lots more products online and in her shop too.