I have done my second project that uses the February Scrapaholix kit. I know it doesn’t look like it at first glance but let me share how it was made and you will see.
1. Firstly I tore some random bits from the papers to fit roughly onto my canvas.
2. I glued them down then went over the canvas with gesso. I concentrated more on the edges of the paper to make the ridges less obvious and left a lot of the paper showing through.
3. When it had dried I added some patches of crackle texture using a palette knife.
4. The dried crackle.
5. I begin to build up layers of paint in greens, turquoise and rust colours.
6. Strips of paper from the monthly kit add more layers.
Some patina paste and metallic waxes were added to the metal embellishments and rust paste added around some areas.
I continued to build up layers of paints and mediums till I was happy with it then started adding my embellishments and finally the photo (of my husband in one of his steampunk outfits). The Tim Holtz frames come with a vintage look already but I took it further and it has also been distressed and coloured.
The final project has quite nice depth from all the layers.
Thanks again for reading. If you have any questions about the project or general craft questions that you think I might be able to answer, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Acrylic paint: Turquoise, Quinacridone Gold, Green, white.
Metal embellishments from my personal stash.
Tim Holtz base board frame (from scrapaholix monthly kit)