Hello creative friends!
Today I have an altered journal cover project for you. I started with an old charity shop book, removed the pages and covered the inside with tissue paper to decorate.
For the cover I started with the Victorian Tiles stencil and snowflake paste to create a background with some additional texture. When this was dry I painted everything with Carmine acrylic paint. Next I added metallic flakes to different areas of the cover, painted crackle medium over these areas and then used Burnt Sienna acrylic paint to pick out the details.
For the central assemblage on the front cover I used one of the large portraits from the Victorian Portraits mould and used various mould and chipboard frames behind this to build it up. I added some small flowers around the bottom and then coloured everything with copper and linen paint. I finished off with some splatters of gesso to give the cover a bit of a dusty worn look and then I was done!